Saturday 29 March 2014

Saturday Scrapbooking - March - Valentines

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/link-party-palooza-34/I know I can't be the only scrapbooker out there but I sure can't find any in my neck of the woods to organise any sort of meet up or crop.

So I'm taking to the blog to find fellow scrapbookers!!

It's a little ambitious of me at the moment to be posting a weekly layout but what I do want to do is make a layout at least every month.  I'd also love to do a linky where we can share our layouts and ideas.

So here's...

March - Valentines

This year my Valentines gift to the love of my life was a minimalistic framed layout.

I Absolutely Love You
This was an easy, quick layout that only took just over an hour and was created from my stash.

Materials:  
12 x 12 White Linen Effect Cardstock
4 Strands of Black Cross Stitch Thread
1 Tim Holtz Pointing Arrow
Red Tissue Paper
1 Flower Shaped Brad
Silicone Glue

Equipment:Needle
Cutting Mat with Measurement Squares
Small flower punch
Printer and Computer
Black ink Pen
Pencil
Rubber
Print off of the words "I absolutely love you..."
Heart Template
Pokey Tool

Instructions:
Measure In 1 cm from left hand and top edges of cardstock and draw feint line

Place cardstock on cutting mat and starting at the top left hand corner, mark dots at 1cm intervals

Using the needle, poke through the card to make holes to sew through

Starting at the bottom left hand corner, stitch through the holes until you reach the point where you want your arrow

Stitch the arrow in place by wrapping the thread through the centre circle and back through the hole you came up through.  Do the same on the other side.

Stitch to the end of the line and secure the thread at the back.

Blu tack the Word Printout over the cardstock and trace over the words with a sharp pencil

Remove the printout and write over the impression on the cardstock with the black ink pen

Blu tack the heart printout over the cardstock and trace over the outline with a sharp pencil

Using silicone glue and the pokey tool, glue the punched out flowers into the heart shape.  I found spacing them gave a wicker look effect from a distance so kept them quite loose.

Print off your photograph on to a piece of linen effect card in black and white

Rip round the edges for a worn and aged feel

Affix with the flower brad

And you're done!


What do you think?

Would you be interested in giving scrapbooking a go or, if you are a scrapbooker, would you like to share your work each month?  I've linked up with I Heart Naptime's Link Party Palooza.  It is a Huge Linky full of amazing projects. 

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/link-party-palooza-34/

I'm thinking next months theme will be Outside now that the weathers picking up and we're coming out of our caves!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...