Thursday 10 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 14th January 2013

Given last weeks news if how much food is wasted, I typically throw out at least half a carrier bag of untouched food from the fridge when I'm putting away my new haul of goodies.

So, I need to change.  Its a waste of money, our bins are too small and its just wasteful.

So here's my plan for this week and I will be strictly only buying what I need and using any leftover bits.

Monday - Roast beef dinner

Tuesday - Leftover Roast Dinner Pie

Wednesday -Toad in the hole with mash

Thursday - Crispy Chicken Strips, rice & peas and Dips

Friday - Steak and Chips with button mushrooms

Saturday - Quiche, beans and boiled potatoes

Sunday - Lean Fry Up

There's loads more meal plans on Mrs M's blog and if you're a slow cooker fan, check out Mediocre Mum's Slow Cooker Sunday.

What do you do with your leftovers? Have you any recipes? Leave a link below.

-I-

This weeks shopping list

Bacon -2 packs
Eggs - 12
Sausages - 2 packs
Tomatoes
Black pudding
Button mushrooms - 2 packs
Beans - 2 tinS
Ready made quiche case
Steak
Potatoes
Chicken mini fillets
Natural breadcrumbs
Aromat seasoning
Rice
Peas
Milk
Roast beef joint
Broccoli
Sprouts
Carrots
Parsnips
Goose fat

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm steak! A favourite hear with onion rings and peppercorn sauce *drool*
    Well done on buying only what is required, I end up throwing bits away too eek x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its just dead easy! And I've discovered Aldis rump steak for 3.99 which does us both. The days of fillet steak are long gone!

      Delete
  2. What's with all the toad in the hole this week? Everyones having sausages, I'm feeling all left out! Thanks for linking up with #mealplanningmonday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...